1. In YouTube, click “SHARE” under the video you wish to embed into your OMS.
2. Click “Embed” in the popup. This will open a window showing the embed code.
3. If you wish the video to start playing at a specific point within the video instead of from the beginning, click “Start at” in the popup window and enter the time point at which you want the video to start. Then click “COPY”.
4. Navigate to Products in your OMS, and click the edit pencil next to the product where you want to embed the video.
5. Decide where you want to embed the video on the product detail page. We suggest using the Long Description field or one of the two Custom Tab fields available for each product in the OMS on the product setup page.
6. If you have your WYSIWYG editors on, click the icon that takes you to the code side of the editor. (Note that your WSYWYG Editor and icons might look slightly different depending upon what operating system and browser you are using.) If you don’t have your WYSIWYG editors on and see just a rectangular box with no icons at the top of it, then skip this step.
7. Paste the embed code you copied from YouTube into the code side of the WYSIWYG editor (you can tell if you’re on the code side by looking at the icons in the top icon bar of the editor. If all the icons are live and clickable, you’re on the WYSIWYG side, but if they are grey/inactive, then you are on the code side). If the WYSIWYG Editors are not on and you have just a blank box into which you can enter data, then paste the embed code directly into the field.
IMPORTANT: Please note, YouTube has disabled the easy ability to control whether video suggestions appear, and which video suggestions appear, at the end of your embedded video. You can search the internet for available hacks - we found a pretty good YouTube video on the subject. But the hacks aren't easy or quick. F
or simple control over what happens at the end of your embedded video, we suggest hosting on Vimeo instead of YouTube.
For directions on how to make your embedded Videos "Fluid" on mobile devices, refer to this article.