Your Nexternal Order Management System (OMS) provides you with an internal ordering system (back office) through which you can manually place orders you’ve received via phone, fax, email, or other off-line channel. In most cases your internal ordering system will look the same or similar to your online store – but if you look at the URL when you are there you will see it begins with “https://oms.nexternal.com”, and that’s how you know you are still in your back office area of the OMS and not in your online store.
There are two ways to place an order in your OMS through this internal ordering system:
A. From the Customer Record:
1. First look up the customer. Either create the customer record in your database or find them if they already exist in your database - then click on their name from the customer list page.
2. Scroll down to the "Place Order" button and click it. This will take you to the internal ordering system.
3. Add items to the cart and check out as normal.
B. From the Order List Page:
1. Go to Orders in the left navigation menu, and click the "New" button (blue button at the top).
2. Click on the "Identify" button on the right of the screen, and you will land on a page that allows you to either find an existing customer* or create a new one.
3. If you search for an existing customer, when you get the results, click on the paperclip next to the customer for whom you wish to place the order, to attach that customer to the order.
4. If you are creating a new customer, then you will skip step 3 above and the customer will automatically be attached to the order.
5. Add items to the cart and check out as normal.
* We recommend using only one field for the best results - choose either the Last Name, Company Name or the Email field, but not all of them.
When you place an order from within the OMS, you will have the choice as to whether or not you want to send an order confirmation email. Use the checkbox near the submit button to make this determination.