Because the Nexternal platform is flexible to accommodate so many different merchant requirements, product creation will vary among merchants. Whether a product comes in more than one size or color, whether it is taxable and where, whether different prices are offered to different customers, whether it can be picked up or shipped, whether a product is sold only in increments, and whether it is allocated, are just a few of the many merchant variants that would affect product set up.
However, for all merchants, the basics remain the same - the minimum input required to create a product in the Nexternal Order Management System (OMS) includes product name, category assignment, and price. Combined with the defaults on numerous other fields, this is enough information to create and save a product listing in your online store, along with the related URL for the product detail page. Of course, you can customize from there.
Here are some resources that will help you with the basics and beyond:
- Basic Product Set Up – Video Tutorial
- Setting Up Product Attributes – Video Tutorial (Attributes are things like size and color, which the customer must select prior to adding to cart.)
- Set Up Products for Pickup (Products can be ship only, pickup only, or can be available for both pickup and shipping.)
- Set Up Products Sold in Increments (for example, selling in 3-packs or by the case)
- How to Properly Use the WYSIWYG Editors to avoid display and editing issues
- Add a PDF Link to a Product Description
- Embed a YouTube-Hosted Video into a Product Description
- Set Up Auto-add Triggers
- Add Products to Multiple Categories
- Creating Products with an Import Spreadsheet – Video Tutorial
- Updating Existing Products in Bulk with an Import Spreadsheet
- Create Product Pages that Sell – Video Tutorial
- To Discount Shipping on a Product (without a coupon), you may follow the steps in the Guided Tutorial called "Discount Shipping on a Product without a Coupon". (Guided Tutorials are accessed separately from the Support Center, through the link to Guided Tutorials in the system navigation.)