Product: Pack & Ship
Pack & Ship allows you to use a scale to assign weights to packages created on a shipment. This eliminates the need for manually entering the package weight values, which is a requirement to complete a shipment.
Only a scale that is configured and tested successfully from the steps outlined below will output weight readings on a Pack & Ship container.
First let's make sure we have all the information before we start configuring in Pack & Ship.
We recommend using the scale on the same Windows computer that's running Pack & Ship. Perform these steps on that device.
Note: Once you get your scale set up using these steps, you'll need to do some configuration setup in Pack & Ship. Click here to see more.
Click here for information about recommended scales that may be used within Pack & Ship.
On your computer
1. Make sure your scale is connected and that the drivers are installed on your computer.
2. Open Device Manager.
3. Expand Human Interface Devices.
4. Open the scale device and navigate to the details tab.
Tip: If you are not sure which device is your scale, try unplugging the scale to remove it from the list of devices. Then plug the scale back in to see which new devices populate in the list.
5. Right-click on the device and click Properties:
6. Click the Details tab and select Hardware IDs from the drop-down.
Make a note of the VID and PID values.
7. Now that we have the information we need from the scale, let's download the client utility from within Pack & Ship.
In Pack & Ship
1. Open Pack & Ship and navigate to: Menu > Pack & Ship > Configuration > User Preferences > My Preferences.
2. Click the Download link under Scale Utility.
On your computer
1.Once the download is complete, locate the installed file named AccellosClientServiceInstall_126.96.36.199.exe.
2. Right-click and choose Run as Administrator.
3. The Client Service Setup wizard will open. Click Next.
4. Review the license agreement and click I Agree.
5. Select the ClientService component and click Install:
6. Wait for the installation to complete and click next.
7. Click Finish.
8. Open Windows Services and make sure the service named AccellosClientService is running and set to startup type of automatic:
9. Now let’s configure the scale settings. The configuration application can be found in:
10. Click Scale Settings
11. Select USB scale and enter the information gathered earlier. If you are configuring a serial scale, please contact TrueCommerce.
12. Set the Client Policy Filepath to the appropriate directory. File path must be pointed to clientaccesspolicy.xml in the installation directory.
For example: C:\Program Files\Accellos\ClientService\clientaccesspolicy.xml
13. Click Test Scale and save settings when prompted.
14. Now let’s test for successful configuration between scale and utility service. Ensure the scale is powered on, place something on the scale, and verify the scale is showing weight.
15. Click Test and make sure the dialog box matches what you see on the scale.
16. If the field shows no reading, please make sure the information entered in the scale configuration is correct. Make sure the information is correct and test again.
17. Congratulations! The scale is now configured and ready for use in Pack & Ship.
You may exit the configuration utility.
Note: You may modify these settings any time by opening the configuration utility from the start menu. You may search for the ‘Configuration Utility’ in the start menu or locate the file at:
Reminder: Once you get your scale set up using these steps, you'll need to do some configuration setup in Pack & Ship. Click here to see more.