Product: Transaction Manager (formerly vSync)
Business System: GP Enterprise
Automation can be used to automatically move integrated documents to or from GP Enterprise that would normally be manually processed using TrueCommerce Main. This can be configured for sales order imports, PO acknowledgment exports, ASN exports, invoice exports, etc.
Creating an Automation Task
1. In TrueCommerce Main under Setup, click Automation.
2. Click New in the top left of the Automation window.
3. In the Automation task wizard in the Process ID field, name this whichever transaction type you are automating (with no spaces). In the Transaction drop-down, select the transaction type.
4. In the GP User ID field, click the magnifying glass and select the GP user.
5. In the File Path field, click the folder icon to select the folder path.
6. In the pop-up window, navigate to the export folder path and be sure to add the extension '.TDF' at the end of the name you choose. Once the name is entered, click Open.
7. To receive error notifications, check Enable email notifications and enter the email(s) (separate by a comma and a space for multiple emails).
8. Click Next to continue to Criteria.
9. In the Criteria section, you may select certain criteria the automated task should follow. This can be used if you only want it to look for a certain batch, customer number, export only if a label was printed, etc. If you add an Option, select or enter a Value, then click insert to add. If none of these options apply, do not select anything. Once this section is completed, click Next to go to Rules.
10. In the Rules section, you can select rules that apply to your process. These options are specific to the type of task you selected in the first step. If you add an Option, select or enter a Value (if applicable), then click insert to add. If none of these options apply, do not select anything. Once this section is completed, click Next to go to the Schedule.
11. In the Schedule section, select the recurrence pattern of your automation task. In the example below, you can see the event is set to recur every 30 minutes on weekdays only between 8:00AM and 5:00PM. This can be configured to any time of day depending on your business needs. Once this is completed, click Finish.
In the main Automation window, the automated tasks are listed and will show the next execution and last execution times. If you need to make modifications, select the automated task and click Edit. If you need to completely remove the automated task, click Delete. If you want to manually run the automation, select the task and click Execute. If you want to keep the task but do not want it to run, uncheck the box under Enabled.
For additional questions, contact the Microsoft Support Team.